NOTICE is hereby given that the Minister and Parish Council would like to make the following alterations in the Church of ST BARNABAS at FAIRFIELD.
1. Relocate the name plaques from all furniture in the church building (pews, rails, pulpits, etc.) to a memorial board, to be placed on display in a suitable and clearly visible location within the church proper.
2. Remove the existing pews and replace with new or refurbished chairs.
3. Remove items of furniture from the front platform, such as the prayer desk, choir stalls, rails, preaching pulpit, Bible reading desks, chairs and tables.
4. Remove the existing Communion rail and, if practicable, install removable rails at the front of the main platform.
5. Remove the existing Communion table and replace it with a Communion table that could be more easily moved between the back platform and the main platform.
6. Recarpet all or part of the floor space, including carpeting over the areas that currently have bare floorboards.
In accordance with the regulations under the Parish Administration Ordinance 2008 parishioners of this church can lodge objections with the Diocesan Registrar within 21 days from the date when this notice was first placed. Objections are to be in writing and sent to the Registrar's Office, PO Box Q190, QVB Post Office NSW 1230 or emailed to email@example.com.
Published Sunday 26 September 2021.
Stephen Shead has written a letter explaining these changes more, and the reasons behind them. If you would like a copy of that letter, please contact one of the ministers or contact us here.